2006 Memorial

Unfortunately we must say goodbye to some of our friends that have come to pass over the Rainbow Bridge. While these special friends will live forever in our hearts and minds we would also like to share their memories. This page is our small memorial to those who have made such a difference in our lives.

If you've received a Golden from us and would like to share their memory, please contact us about listing them here.

Buddy -- 2006-12-11

Buddy - 27-04

It is with a heavy heart I write this letter. I wanted to let you all know that Buddy passed away on December 11, completely unexpectedly. He had recovered amazingly from cancer surgery the previous month and we were looking forward to growing older with him.

We want to thank you for your work, for fulfilling your great mission of finding homes for goldens of all circumstances, and most of all for bring Buddy into our lives for a too short but incredible time.

He was a funny, intelligent, gentle dog with a giant personality and even in our busy family, there is a huge hole that Buddy filled. His crooked smile, his joyous bark, complete with bouncing, and his ability to look into your heart and soul were unique and precious.

We will always love him, continue to miss him and look forward to seeing him again.

Please honor and remember him in your holiday thanksgivings,

Judith Howard

Murdock -- 2006-11-15

Murdock 02-06

It is with a heavy and sad heart that I write this letter. In Feb. 06, I adopted Murdock, the perfect gentleman, he would never go down the stairs before me or out the door first. He was my pal, followed me everywhere, and slept at the foot of my bed as did his adopted sister Kody. He always had his tail wagging and my grandkids always wanted to know where he was as soon as they arrived. He had hip dysplasia and arthritis very bad and was on medication, but it did not stop him from trying to run in the backyard to catch a ball. Loved to ride in the car, and took most of the back seat. He never barked, and was very well behaved, he was the perfect pet. He was unable to climb the steps to the patio, but could go up the carpeted stairs in the house. He had been given a clean bill of health at his vet appt. in June, and I never noticed a problem. On Monday, 11/13, he was unable to stand up, and kept falling down and soiling himself. He had nystagmus, unable to walk, and left front and back legs were paralyzed. I called my vet, and after loving him, lying beside him, trying to get him to drink water, I made my list trip with him. He got several treats before we left, and then I began the hardest trip a pet owner takes. Murdock passed over the Rainbow Bridge later that afternoon as I held him in my arms, and saw him relax and free from pain. My tears are still coming, and I am lucky to work with several people that have goldens and are nurses and social workers, they understand my pain. Thank you for letting this wonderful dog come into my life. I only had him for 10 months, be he was loved and gave so much back. Kody is in mourning for him also, lays by his bowl and keeps whimpering. There will come a day when I will be ready for another golden, but the heart needs to heal first. I will get his remains Friday, so he will still be with us.

Doc -- 2006-11-05

Doc 52-06 Doc 52-06 Doc 52-06

Jack -- 2006-07-22

Jack 220-05 Jack 220-05 Jack 220-05

Jack came to me as a foster in November 2005 when he was about 1 1/2 years old. He had been rescued from a hoarder in Missouri where he had no socialization with people. On his second day here, he had 4 Grand Mal seizures. Many months of medicines did not give much relief to him-he continued to seize. When he came to me, he would not let me pet him or touch him. If he were lying down, I could hug him and when he seized, I could hold him to comfort him. In his first few months, he had 40 seizures. We never found out what was causing them. He came to me little by little on his own terms, I think beginning to trust me. He was excited when I would come home and he'd run across the yard to see me. That is how I remember him. Still, he would not let me pet him. He was a good boy and even seemed to be housebroken when he got here. He loved to go in and out the dog door and lay out in the yard. He liked to play with the dogs at my house and enjoyed the dog park. He was loved very much by me and I think he knew that all the way till the end. It was so hard to not be able to save him after having him for so long. In his last week, he finally started coming up to me to be petted. I wonder if he knew he didn't have long left with me. He will not be forgotten-he is in my heart and he is missed. I hope he finally found the peace he did not have in his short life. I know that he felt loved. Jackie Boy-live it up! You deserve it!

Love from Kathi, Marcus and Ruby-your forever family

Patrick -- 2006-06-26

Patrick 36-05

Molly -- 2006-03-31

Molly (aka Jodie) 25-02 Molly (aka Jodie) 25-02
We got Molly (known to you as Jodie 25-02 ) from GRFR four years ago as a stray in terrible condition. Her tail and rear were completely bald from an untreated thyroid condition and she was very overweight and lethargic. Getting her some meds, exercise and lots of love soon got her back to the happy healthy dog we knew she could be, but she never lost her massive appetite. We always thought that she could eat until she would burst if we would only let her. She would even sneak down to the compost container, manage to unlock it and try to find a tasty snack when she thought we weren't looking. Yes, she really does have tail, she just knew she was being sneaky. When she suddenly stopped eating at the end of March, we knew something was seriously wrong. After a panel of tests, a shaved tummy and ultrasound, we knew the worst was true. She had advanced liver cancer. The doctor said spoil her has much as we could and we did just that. For a few weeks she enjoyed cheeseburgers and anything else that would tempt her until finally nothing would. Molly was our sweet girl who will always be in our hearts and never forgotten. The Michals.

Reggie -- 2006-01-06

Reggie 77-04 Reggie 77-04

Reggie passed on Jan. 5,2006. He was the most wonderful boy you would ever meet in your life. Having to put him down was the hardest thing I have ever done. He was 13 years old and never missed a beat. He was the most loving and precious dog in the world. We found out that he was sick with cancer and then we found out it was in his liver and had spread up to his lungs. So with such a wonderful dog, why make him suffer. Liver cancer is very painful and with it spread into his lungs, he had a lot of trouble breathing. He meant the world to me and went everywhere with me. He was about 11 years old when we got him on Feb 19, 2005 so we didn't quite have him for a year but those 11 months were the best I ever had. Hopefully him too. He was around 85 pounds so a big dog right?!? Well you wouldn't know it if you heard him bark. You would think he was a little dog, his bark was very high pitched:! ) He would also lay on the floor and start this action that looked like he was swimming. Very cute and you could tell he was happy until the very end. His tail was always wagging and he always had on a smile. Reggie was so wonderful. He helped me through so much. Reggie was an angel on Earth and had one last stop to make and that was me and yesterday his job was done and he had to move on to help God in whatever wonderful thing God has Reggie doing this very moment.

Reggie was and still is so loved. We have been crying for him ever since but we need to celebrate his life, not mourn his death. God sent me an angel from the heavens above and that was Reggie. I will miss him so much. He was my Angel and Savior.

I love you Reggie.

Love, Sissy